Companion Class notes
We continued work on the previous weeks’ principles, focusing on technique and flow.
- Warm up
- Falling exercise – progression from week before. Assisted falling backwards.
- Hip Throw exercise – lifting exercise
- Unbalancing exercise – without use of hands, enter space and remove platform.
- Same exercise as above, the Companion provides resistance without using hands. Essentially, both parties attempt to take down each other.
- Progress using arm to unbalance, use of the wave and spiral principle – no use of hands/grips. Your arm simply assists the throw.
- Wristlock exercise – inside wristlock done statically, then at speed against an incoming punch.